The pace of social and cultural change has accelerated and overtaken our ability to build social and community cohesion in the workplace and in life.
Listening and Learning is at the heart of our work. The increasing demand for professionals to build capacity and develop inclusive leadership cultures necessitates rigorous practices in both listening and learning. We view human evolution as moving inward, toward increasing human consciousness to reduce human suffering. We embrace this view as we listen, learn, teach, research and coach.
An environment of disruptive change and increased complexity requires a commitment to learning and a culture of learning leaders. Often described as Servant Leaders that cultivate learning communities, leadership serves to create principled, sustainable, and diverse cultures of continual learning and growth.
THE BHAVANA STORY
Bhāvanā is an ancient Sanskrit word meaning “to seed,” or “to cultivate”—derived from “Bhava” which means “being, a state of body or mind.” The Buddha himself chose the word Bhāvanā to describe a process of cultivation: the development of particular mental qualities such as imagination and awareness directed toward intentional change – through what we know today as meditation leading to mindfulness.
At Bhavana Learning Group, we view our work as grounded in a commitment of becoming. We support learners in cultivating the soil of awareness and seeding intentional change as they grow the leadership to serve their colleagues and organizations within a field of learning.
We honor a commitment to Servant Leadership and develop professionals who:
- Honor agreements and commitments with impeccability.
- Express truthfulness in all communication and action.
- Listen with intention and compassion.
- Honor human concerns ahead of material needs.
- Honor and own emotions in all interactions.
- Engage in intentional speaking and action in all interactions.
- Place learning ahead of knowing, willing to question one’s worldviews and viewpoints.
Bhavana Learning Group enjoys membership or association with the following organizations and networks:
- Association of Coach Training Organizations (ACTO)
- Gay Coaches Alliance (GCA)
- Integral Life
- International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Nalanda Institute for Contemplative Science
- Ontological Design Community (ODC)
- Shambhala Meditation Center of New York
- Spiritual Intelligence (Deep Change)
- Tibet House U.S. Cultural Center