The story of our time is one of growing anxiety, fueled by the pace of change in technology, globalization, and knowledge, outstripping the ability of conventional learning to build social cohesion. This vastness of change and complexity demands that individuals transact connections and function faster.
We find ourselves distracted, overwhelmed, and in information overload.
- The expectation, today, is to be digital: to be mobile, adaptable, instant, and always on.
- We engage in the information presented in media binge-forms and emojis: Streaming videos, email, texts, social media.
- Emails bombard professionals at a rate of 300 a day.
- Smartphones get checked on average 150 times a day.
- By day’s end, we can be left lost, confused, and isolated.
It’s time to pause …
We have created this page to support you in organizing items that can distract you from important focus, in achieving new levels of excellence and in supporting contemplative practices. We have included only those applications (and reviewed them) used by us or those recommended by our network of reputable sources.